Monday 7 October 2013

Test Valley Walk Completed

He did it!
District Chairman John Stevens completed the Test Way Walk from Stockbridge to Romsey. He completed the 11 mile walk in 4 hours and 35 minutes on Saturday; due to family commitment John couldn’t do the Sunday like everyone else.
“I’m glad I did all the practise over the past few days including undertaking the whole walk last Monday with Paul and Toffee, said John, it meant that I completed the walk with very few aches and pains. It also helped that we had dropped some water off near Kimbridge before the start of the walk so I had to carry less water and hence less weight.
So far John has raised £118 on behalf of the District special needs adviser group (SNAG).
“My thanks to everyone who has supported me,” John added, “and if anyone else want to sponsor and support the great work that SNAG do my just giving page is www.justgiving.com/John-Stevens9.”
Congratulation to everyone who took part in Sundays sponsored walk, if you didn’t perhaps you would like to have a good next year.

Here are those who were known to have taken part in this years walk.
 
John Donovan, for Kings Somborne
 
Ryan and Ben Orgil for Woodley
 
Three mums walking for Kings Somborne
 
The McCann family
 
Claire Sutton and Fiona West.
 
The next walk is Sunday 12th October 2014.

No comments: